^Back To Top
Parboiled rice, the production of rice Derived from the rice soak in the water until moisture of 30-40 %, steamed or boiled until cooked, then remove the paint peels off, the rice milling quality is improved. Broken less and improve the nutritional value of rice. The nutrients are absorbed into the meat from the shell during the soaking and steaming rice to make a Lemon Yellow.
Parboiled rice methods
The procedure is as follows.
1. Soaking or steeping, the rice soak in water to a moisture content of about 30-40 % . In order to soften the dough. The water may be cold or hot water. Period of soaking up the water. Cold water immersion takes 2-3 days .Warm or hot water Time to dip down.
2. Steaming, bring rice to a boil Cooked or steamed. The starch within the grain gelatinization. Starch grain growth observed from the outside to the grain shell out a little context.
3. Dehydration, after rice is boiled or steamed and then dried. This may take sundrying or dryer. Drying is intended to reduce the piece to 12-14 %, before milling.
Changes arising from Parboiled rice methods
1. Grains will split the rice to expand.
2. Soak rice in cold water for several days Parboiled foul odor. Edit soaked in warm water or hot water.
3. Soak the rice in water pressure is higher in the seeds. Minerals and nutrients Located in the outer layer of tissue. Grain absorb into the rice. Parboiled rice is nutritionally enhanced.
4. Parboiled rice .When drying, the rice milling quality is improved. Broken less and improve, Seeds transparent.
5. When the rice soaked in water, Minerals and nutrients such as sugars and amino acids are absorbed into the starch. When steaming is the chemical changes of the substance. Light brown rice or Black rice .Whichever method of soaking and steaming.
Parboiled rice quality
|Color||should be Yellow kernels. or brown kernels.|
|Smell||when cooked, it should have minimal odor.|
|Quality of mill||a little less.|
|Grains characteristics||transparent, strong, shapes like plain rice grains.|
|Grains characteristics when cooked||crumbly grains do not stick together.|
Factors to control the parboiling rice
1. Paddy or raw material parboiled rice, should the white shell or tan shell, clean grain, smooth grain or fungi not found on the grain.
2. To control the water temperature and soaking time. To prevent bad odors and bad color of parboiled rice.
3.Temperature and steaming time to control the appropriate, It should not be too high. It will affect the color of parboiled rice, deform grain and rice too hard on a long process.
4. Drying must be slow and steady. If the heat is too high and fast drying, the Rice more broken.
5. The moisture content of parboiled rice, should not exceed 14 % when stored in a warehouse This is to prevent the destruction of Microorganisms, especially fungi.
Compare parboiled rice and plain rice
1. Parboiled rice is easy to peel off.
2. Parboiled rice spend more time to milling.
3. Parboiled rice milling quality is better than.
4. Parboiled rice storage for longer than.
5. Chalky kernels when parboiling the chalkiness is lost.
6. Parboiled rice with vitamin B1 and vitamin E is higher than.
7. Parboiled rice takes longer to cook.
8. Parboiled rice when cooking is fluffy rice than.
9. Parboiled rice is easy to digestible.
10. Parboiled rice have Rice bran oil is 25-30% but plain rice with only 15-20%.
11. Consumers not like the smell and taste of Parboiled rice ,Because unlike the familiar plain rice.
12. Parboiled rice is non-germination but plain rice germination.